Friday, March 8, 2019

Nesting Time


The squirrels are gathering the materials needed to build their nest. The geese at the marsh are claiming their spots. The birds are collecting twigs. It is nesting time.

One of the best sign that lets me know that spring time is near are the animals getting ready for the new generations of their species. I love watching the squirrels gather the leaves from the ground, filling the mouths and climbing the trees to their nests.

Some times the nest can be in a hole in the trees or a pile of twigs, leaves and whatever they can find to create a safe spot for the new ones.

I have yet to get any pictures of the little guys. This year, I am going to make my mission to try.

Yes, it is nesting time. I can not wait until I see all the little creatures.

No comments:

Post a Comment