Sunday, June 16, 2019

A Turtle Rescue


Today, I did my good deed. While driving by the marsh, I noticed a hump in the road. The problem. It was moving. I knew right away that it was a turtle and he was heading for danger.

I have watch turtles being rescued many times. Once a trucker slammed on his brake causing it to squeal in protest. This burly looking guy got out and guided the snapping turtles back to the marsh.

Another time, a mother and her young son took up the torch and rescue another turtle. Even the  animal rescue team got in the act and save a large snapping turtle by putting it in a cage and letting it go into the marsh.

Today, I pulled over and picked up this softball size boxed turtle and put him into the grass facing the marsh. I did my duty, now it was up to him to head back into the marsh. As I left, I can only hope he did not turn around and try to head back into danger.

We can do our duty and help a friend by putting them on the right path. The problem. It is up to them to stay on the road to safety.

Like this turtle, I can only hope that the people I help do not turn around and head back into danger. I did my good deed. Now, it is their turn to continue on the right path.

No comments:

Post a Comment