Monday, June 3, 2019

Heron Splash


I had to make my way to the Mariner today after seeing all the pictures posted of the damages. Last week a severe storm with a powerful micro burst caused many trees to fall. It was a sight to behold.

One other sight to behold is the great blue heron making a splash. Today this heron was like the micro burst of the last week storm. With out warning he stuck and the fish did not even had a chance. I waited to see his catch. It was a catfish.


I waiting as he kept jabbing the fish. I wanted to capture on film him swallowing the fish. There was a couple of times that I thought he would succeed. But he surprised me and left the fish floating in the water. This was a first for me.


Right before he walked away, I was surprise to see another first for me. This otter came out of the grassy area and swam right by the heron. I thought maybe he would go after the fish. But he just swam away.


The day was exciting as I got to see the damages from last week storm, this otter and the heron splash.

No comments:

Post a Comment