Monday, January 4, 2010

Discovery

One of the reason I am making a point to blog everyday is to keep my focus on what God has to show me. I want to treat each day like a journey to some great discovery. Even if the discovery is finding out how to work the side mirrors on my car.
I have been driving my car for a number of years and was frustrated at the fact that I could only control the driver's side mirror. My thoughts were how short-sighted was the manufacture company of the car to make it so that the control button only controlled one mirror. I would have to roll down the window to adjust the other mirror or get out of the car all together.
One day I notice that the control button had two arrows pointed in opposite directions. So I turned the knob. Well what do you know. I can now control the other mirror.
It wasn't the car company that was sort-sighted. It was me.
Sometime I do the same thing when trying to see what God is trying to do in my life. I think how short-sighted He must be. He doesn't understand what I really need. But in reality it is me who is sort-sighted and do not understand His plans for me.
I want to start each day seeking after Him and discovering His will for me.
God Bless, DuMBoSDawn

1 comment:

  1. That reminds me of Sunday evening when my husband and I got back to the house. He stopped to let me out, but the door was locked. I punched the unlock and tried again. Didn't work. Punched again, same thing. Then my husband used the master control and I tried. Didn't work. This time he said - Hold both hands high so I can see you are doing nothing. Eventually, it worked. Turns out there are two lock buttons on the passenger side. The one I knew about and the one right beside the door handle. My coat was brushing it shut every time I tried. You can bet I said "Thank you for letting me out of the car!" -- Still makes me laugh.

    ReplyDelete