Sunday, January 3, 2010

Prodigal

As I listen to today's sermon, my first thoughts were, How many times have I heard the story about the Prodigal Son? and What new insight could I possibly get from it?
I was surprised when I left with tears in my eyes. For the first time I realized the great dept of God's love towards me. It did not matter how far I ran or what I have become or done, God welcomes me back into the fold rejoicing the news to the outer most places of heaven.
There is nothing humanly possible that I can do to take away God's love. He waits eagerly for me to return. I just need to take the first step, even if it means crawling the whole way.
My prayer is that we all come to the knowledge that God loves us with a never ending love.
God Bless, DuMBoSDawn

No comments:

Post a Comment