Thursday, January 23, 2014

Wooden Banjo

I am always looking to take pictures of anything that provoke a story. When I saw this stump with a long limb sticking out I thought it looked just like the banjo that my grandfather would play. Except his wasn't a wooden banjo like this one was.

One of the best memory I have as a child is listening to the twang of the banjo strings as Grandpa played "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". It was one of the first songs I learned to play. How I miss those times with my grandfather.

The enjoyment of the smell of a pipe, the sounds of a banjo and the love for nature can be contributed to the lessons that Grandpa taught. I will always be indebted to him for the kind of person that I have become. He is my example of a kind and loving person.

I miss you Grandpa.


No comments:

Post a Comment