Friday, August 15, 2014

American Goldfinch

I have been trying for more years than I can count to get a good shot of a goldfinch. They are fast little buggers. As I pulled up to the drive through bank a pair landed next to my car. I was so glad I had my camera sitting next to me. And I was glad there was no one else waiting behind me so I could take my time shooting off many shots

Growing up I would call them Wild Canary. They were always fun to watch. But they were just birds, nothing special to me. Now I spend my days chasing them and learning all I can. I have become a birder.

When I sit in my room I am always looking out the back window. I watch the many birds go about their daily life. Sometime I run to get my camera when I see a new one or when I see my cat chasing one.

Seeing this Goldfinch made my day. Getting a picture of him made it even better. I love being a birder.



No comments:

Post a Comment