Sunday, August 10, 2014

Grandpa's Banjo

I am sitting here reflecting on the past. For some time now I have been dealing with a lot of pain in my right leg. The pain became so great I went to the hospital. I now have to wear a brace and keep my right leg elevated. So I have been going through the multitude of pictures that needed my attention.

This one picture was taken at my brother's home. He past away unexpectedly and just before his viewing I got to hold onto a banjo. Funerals and pictures has a habit of bringing back the memories of good times and bad.

Holding onto my grandpa's banjo brought back memories of good times during a hard time. This old worn out instrument represents love and acceptance. Grandpa Wood was a great man. My brother was a great man as well.

I find myself missing them both equally. Time has not erased my love for my Grandpa Wood. Time will not erase my love for my brother or my sister who past away months earlier.

This year has been a rough one so far. I am not sure what else to expect as the year continues . Being able to hold my grandpa's banjo was a blessing in this time of sorrow. I am glad I got this picture. It will help me to focus on good times and help me through the sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment