Monday, May 4, 2015

Donkey Goat

Today I went out in search of something new to take pictures of. Well I hit the jackpot. As I enter the small park in the heart of Bel Air I came across a small herd of goats.

The town of Bel Air hired a goat farm called Harmony Herd, to help get rid of the over-grown foliage. It is a safer way of getting rid of the vines that has taken over the trees than using pesticides..

The goat in the picture is named Donkey, because she reminded the owner of the donkey from the movie Shrek.

They had three different types of goat. Alpine, Lamancha and Nubian made up the herd.

Donkey is an alpine with long ears standing straight up, The lamancha goat has stubs for ears. The Nubian had long ears as well but they lay down against the head.

It was a nice fine today and I learned a lot. But Donkey won my heart as she tried her best to reach for the high foliage.

No comments:

Post a Comment