Monday, May 25, 2015

Memorial Day

Today we remember those who have served and gave their lives. My dad was a Marine and served in the Korean War. He received the purple heart for being shot in the leg.

My husband served in the Vietnam War while he was in the Navy. He also serve in the Army National Guards for many years as a helicopter mechanic.

All four of my brothers serve either in the Army or Air force. There sons and grandson are serving now.

Both of my grandfathers served. One in the Canadian military and the other in the Navy and then the Army. Both lied about their ages to get in.

The only relative that die during a war, was my 5 great grandfather who was killed by the Tories and the Indians during the Revolutionary War. He was not even in the military at the time. But he was counted as a patriot.

So today I give thanks for their service. I pray for the safety of those serving now. I will also pray for those who have yet to serve. I am proud of those in my family who served.

Today is Memorial Day. I pray we will always remember all those who are not here with us now.

No comments:

Post a Comment