Friday, October 9, 2015

A Promise

The ringing of the phone woke me from a sound sleep. It was my son calling to tell me to look outside, there was a double rainbow. I told him to take a picture with his phone and text it to me. He said his phone did not take good pictures. I just wanted to sleep just a little longer, so I closed my eyes and started to doze off again.

The ringing of the phone work me up a second time. It was my husband telling me I needed to look out the window and see the rainbow. So I reluctantly got up, grabbed my phone and looked. There was one of the prettiest double rainbow that I have seen in a long while. It lifted my spirit.

I found out later that my daughter was going to call me as well, but she did not want to wake me up. I am glad my husband and my son had no problem waking me up.

Each time I get to witness a rainbow after a storm, I am reminded of the promise that God gave to never flood the earth again. What He did not promise was that we would never have storms in our life. But when the storms do hit, we need to just look up and see the rainbows that follow.

God made another promise, never to leave us nor forsake us. With each rainbow I hang onto that promise as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment