Sunday, October 11, 2015

Solitary Sandpiper

Today I had a rare treat of seeing a bird that I have never seen before. It was a pair of solitary sandpipers. They call them solitary birds because they do not travel in flock like other birds. I guess they like the solitude of being alone.

I can relate to enjoying the quietness of being by myself. There are times when being in a crowd becomes too much and I need to go off and be with God.

These birds have traveled along way to get here from Canada. I sat by watching them get their fill of food. In my solitude, I was getting refreshed with the pleasure of their company.

When I spend time with God, I get refreshed as well. I just hope my times with God does not become as rare as the sightings of these sandpipers. I need to be more conscious of how I spend my days.

Today I did well and God blessed me with a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment