Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Deer Chase

Today was a first for me. As I headed up a path at the Mariner, I almost had a head on crash with a buck chasing a doe right in my direction. The doe had to turn around to miss running into me. The buck never took his eyes off the doe while chasing her.

She made her way back into the trees and the buck faced me. I was not sure what to do, so I just stood there waiting. He finally decide to go into the trees to follow the doe to my relief.

Of course, I could not leave it at that and I headed around to the other side of the trees in hopes of seeing them again. And I did. But this time it was only the buck and he head down the embankment, jumped into the water and swam to the other side right in from of a man in his boat.

This was the first time that I have ever seem deers in the park. It is mating season and I think next time I walk around the Mariner, I will be just a little more alert. I sure do not want to be chased by this buck.

No comments:

Post a Comment