Thursday, November 5, 2015

Wax-winged Delight

Today I got to experience some cedar wax-winged delight. The trees were full of them. In fact, the trees were alive with many different types of birds. It is migration time.

I love this time of year. As the leaves changes their colors, the birds gather together to make their annual flight south. I even saw a osprey hanging out in one of the trees.

It was the antics of the wax-winged birds that kept me entertain for a while. I spent close to two hours walking around the Mariner enjoying the blue heron, robins, woodpeckers and sparrows to name just a few of the birds flying around me.

Of course the squirrels, bugs and butterflies caught my attention as well. It was good to get out and enjoy God's world. I hope I get to see the cedar wax-winged birds again tomorrow. They were a true delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment