Monday, January 4, 2016

Yellow-bellied Actions


Yesterday, while a good friend and I were bird watching, we came across another birder who helps me from time to time to identify the species. After a few minutes of talking we went our different ways to see what we could catch.

Soon he came across a female yellow-bellied sapsucker working hard on this tree. He knew that I would be passing by, so he waited. It is not often I get to see a yellow-bellied and he did not want me to miss it. His action was a blessing to me and my friend. He is always willing to give good advice and places where to get some good shots of birds.

This yellow-bellied sapsucker's actions also is a blessings to others. I often notice that after the sapsucker finish pecking in one place and moves on, little birds like the ruby-crowned kinglet flies in to get their share of the sap.

Bugs are attracted as well. Soon they get stuck and other birds flies in to get their fill of the bugs. The action of the yellow-bellied benefits many.

We can learn from this little creature. Our actions should always be a blessing to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment