Monday, August 14, 2017

Connowingo Warbler


My husband and I have been committed to walking each Sunday. It is kind of our date night. This time we decided to go to the Connowingo Dam. There is a path that is just over two mile, so we decided to walk it.

About a mile in we came across two adorable warbles. Now, I am not an expert on these little birds. My search of my bird books make me think what we saw were Prothonotary warblers. This will be a first for me.


They were busy looking for insects among the falling tree full of moss. One of them hit it mark and pulled out a juicy caterpillar. He played with for a while. than swallowed it in one shot.

Connowingo Dam is known for the many eagles that passes through. While we did catch a few catching fish. It was this tiny little bird that made my day. Everyone else can have their thrill with the eagles.

I will get my thrill with the little birds, like this Connowingo Warble.

No comments:

Post a Comment