Sunday, August 20, 2017

Double Fawns


After a long day at work, I needed to do some down time before heading home. Since, I would pass Harford Glen on my way, I decided to take a walk around there. The next hour went by fast with seeing birds, butterflies and bugs, I knew the gate would soon close, so I got in my car and headed out.

It was after six and the deers were coming out of the woods. The picture of this precious fawn was taken just outside the gate. But, it was the first sighting of the family of deer that excited me. When I saw the doe with her baby, I had to go as very slowly. I did not want to scare them away.

When I got with in a few yards of the two, I notice some movements in the tall grass. I stopped my car and waited. More movement could be seen. A pair of ears popped up. I got my camera ready. To my surprise, it was a second fawn. Twin fawns. They played around and enjoyed the grass.

 
Today was complete with the double fawns. My nerves were put to the test at work. Seeing the deer, especially the double fawns put them to rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment