Sunday, September 3, 2017

A Cycle Of Life


Last Sunday, while taking a walk around the Conowingo Dam, I watched as a sparrow do his best to eat a praying mantis. If you look carefully at this picture, you can see the mantis putting up his front legs as though he is doing his best to fend off his attacker.

Many times I have gotten shots of a praying mantis eating wasps, bees and other insects. This afternoon as I made my way along the fence watching the cormorants. I notice a couple looking on the inside of the fence. I had to ask and they pointed out that a praying mantis had just caught a caterpillar and was enjoying his meal.


This first thought that went through my mind was, this was a good example of a cycle of life. The caterpillar eats the plants, the mantis eats the caterpillar and the sparrow eats the praying mantis. It goes on and on.

One thing I do keeps in my mind, God is in control of my cycle of life. Everyday I give thanks for His provisions. One of these is, being able to see the cycle of life in all his creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment