Sunday, September 17, 2017

Yellowthroat Treat


Today I was treated to a common yellowthroat enjoying her treat.

The day started with fighting my grandson to get ready for church. Once we got there he enjoyed working with the younger kids. This goes on every Sunday faithfully.

After that we set off to walk around the Mariner. Nothing to report. We just saw a few birds, squirrels and three caterpillars. So, we headed home.

I got my pictures ready to go to my photo group meeting and headed off to Harford Glen. I had an hour to spare and I wanted to check on a Monarch chrysalis that was discovered last week. That will be another blog, if I get to see the butterfly come out of it.

As I headed back to my car, a movement in a tree caught my eye. There within a few feet from me a female common yellowthroat flew from the ground with her juicy treat. This made my day.

Seeing the yellowthroat enjoying her treat was a treat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment