Sunday, June 24, 2018

Finally A Chipmunk


Everyone who knows me, knows that while on vacation, I have to get at least one picture of a chipmunk. The one place that I have not been able to get a shot of this elusive creature is, in the state of Maryland. Well, finally, I got my chipmunk.

After church, I made my way to Harford Glen. I had already enjoyed some good sightings today as I made my way to some of my favorite stompimg grounds before church. For the first time, I saw a doe with her two fawns drinking at the marsh. I was trying to get a picture of a goldfinch, when I notice the first fawn. I could not get any pictures, but, it was cool.

Then, I went to the ponds with the fountains. There was much activity there. I saw an indigo bunting upon entering the road leading to the ponds. There were several geese, ducks and terns. It was a treat watching the terns dive for their meals. Again no real shots to show you.

Getting the picture of the chipmunk was a complete surprise to me. I was watching a squirrel eating some nuts, when I notice a smaller critter helping himself to the same nuts. At first, I thought it was a baby squirrel. It was not until I look through the lens of my camera, that I notice that he had stripes.

I knew right away that I was seeing a chipmunk. He did not see me as he stuffed his cheeks with as many nuts that he could carry. It was not until he turned around to leave, that he notice me and stop dead in his track. So I just kept taking pictures. Finally, a chipmunk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment