Friday, June 22, 2018

Mom, I Am Hungry


This grackle seems to be yelling to his mom, "I am hungry." She has already given him some type of morsel just a few minutes earlier. Afterward, she proceeded to fly to the other baby only to be follow by the first one. This fellow seems to be demanding more food. A mother's work is never done.


For the past few days, I have been watching the different birds families at my two favorite places. At Harford Glen, I watched the swallows going in and out of the bird house, while the babies peeked out waiting for their next meal.


A short distance away, another box had a baby wren peering out looking for its mom to satisfy his hunger. I waited, but she did not show up. I was hoping to get a shot of her going in and out of the bird box.


In one of the tree at the Mariner was a nest with eggs. I have been checking on it before I went away three weeks ago for vacation. Yesterday, I found that it got flooded and the babies never hatched. This made me sad. I took a spoon and scooped out the eggs.

Next month, I will be doing a bird walk for the park. I want to show who ever comes these eggs. There is so much to learn about these birds. I am looking forward to sharing what I have found out so far. In the mean time, I will enjoy the birds yelling at their moms saying, "Mom, I am hungry."

No comments:

Post a Comment