Monday, February 27, 2012

Close Call

This picture is not one of my great one. But the story surrounding this picture is.
When I first spied the butterfly I grabbed my camera and just as I got it in focus a bird flew down and swept it up. The butterfly managed to escape and fall back to the ground.
The bird came in for a second attempt and the butterfly escaped for a second time.
The third attempt was thwarted by a group of people passing by. So the bird flew off and let the butterfly alone. That is when I got this picture.
I felt this butterfly story needed to be shared. All those close calls and it lives. A little battered but alive.
There are many times in our life that we make it through close calls. Through our own power we manage to escape. It is not until God comes into the picture that we finally are rescued.
I am glad that the butterfly got to live for another day. I am also glad that God gets me through the close calls in my life and I get to live for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment