Friday, February 10, 2012

On Thin Ice

You ever heard the expression "You are standing on thin ice"? That is what these geese are doing. It was fun watching them come in for a landing and slipping all over the place.
Once they got their bearings they did something I had never seen. They would lay down on the ice until the warmth of their bodies caused the ice to break. One by one they would plop into the pond. Then they started to peck at the ice creating a path to swim through. Little by little they had several openings to swim around in.
Sometime life can be as hard as ice. I get so overwhelmed at all the things that demands my attention. Between the house, work and church obligations I find myself slipping all around the ice. If I chip at these things little by little I can see a hole in the ice. Only than can I hope to clear a path for me to move around. Today I am going to take it one peck at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment