Thursday, September 20, 2012

Unfair Race

On your mark! Get set! Go!
It does seem to be an unfair race. The man with the surfboard and paddle can not even compete with the speed boat. Yet in life we try to race against the odds.
How many times have I tried to compete with those who are more capable to do the job. I paddle like there is no tomorrow only to barely make it through the day. I wear myself out and wonder what I am doing so wrong.
Than I realize that I am one of those people that God made to go slowly through life. He has made me this way for a reason. I do not need to keep up with the speed boats. I just need to keep pace with the will of God.
When I do this I can finish the race that is set before me. So on God's mark, I get set and paddle slowly.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment