Friday, September 14, 2012

Urban Myth?

I think I just witness an urban myth today. You always hear stories that you are not sure what to believe. Like Paul Bunyan and his ox. How much of this story real?
Well, today while having lunch with a dear friend she almost because part of an urban myth. At least I think she did.
When we went to our cars to leave someone approach my friend while she was getting ready to get in. As I headed to her car the young man turned and walked away.
I asked, "What was that all about?"
She replied, "He asked if I used perfume?"
I once heard about an urban myth that talks about guys coming to you as you try to get in your car. They ask if you use perfume and if you would like to try a sample of theirs. It turns out it is ready either and they end up robbing you or worse.
My friend and I watch as he approached several other cars. When I witness a second man joining the first that when I decided to call the cops. My conscious would not let me leave the parking lot until I was sure the polices were on their way.
Were these men looking to do harm? I rally can't say. They could be two young man trying to make a living. But you never know these days. You need to be careful.
So was I witnessing an urban myth in action. I sure hope not.

No comments:

Post a Comment