Friday, May 31, 2013

My Car

My car is falling apart. There is duct tape on one of the windows because I cannot roll it up all the way. The paint is fading as well as chipping off. The tires in front are one size smaller than the back tires. Do not get me started on the engine. That would be a book in itself. Yet I count myself blessed to have it.

One reason is that everyone that knows me, knows my car. I had a few friends say that they were so glad to see my car at a baby shower the other day because that meant they knew someone there. Some of my co-workers tell me that they are glad when they see my car in the parking lot.  It means they don't have to worry my side of the store. I had one friend tell me that seeing my car parked at the marsh inspired her to paint again.

This old car has made it back and forth to New York, Kansas and Ohio many times. It have been a faithful friend to me. But I am not sure how much longer it will last. I hope for many years to come.

At the end of this month we will be heading up to Niagara Falls. Pray that we make it there and back. I am not ready to give this car up yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment