Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tell Me a Story.


"Tell me a story Grammy." Everyday since my grandson could talk we go on a make believe adventure to far away places through the stories that we make up together. He would crawl up into my lap and I would begin the tale.

I always start the story with "One upon a time there was a boy name..." I would say some other names that were not his. He would laugh and tell me no until I say his name. Than we would start the story.

There will come a time that he will not ask me to tell him a story. He will be too old. But I hope he remembers some of them and the times we would just laugh, acted scared or be down right silly. I know I will miss them.

Take the time each day to tell a story. It could be an adventure, a mystery or even better yet talk about Jesus. That is the best story of all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment