Monday, December 2, 2013

Joy

Every year I get to go the the Festival of Trees for Kennedy Kreiger with my grandson and daughter. It brings joy to my heart to see all the work that is given to this endeavor.

This year we received a double blessing. While waiting in line to get our tickets a young couple gave my daughter two ticket for free and wished her a Merry Christmas.

It seemed there is still people who still believe in the gift of giving to others. There is something about this time of year that can bring the worst or best in each of us.

Tomorrow is give to charities Tuesday. How many people will give  of their time, money and other types of donations? Where I work we have a cantainer for Toys for Tots. That is where I will start my giving.

The joy I want to feel this year is the joy of giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment