Tuesday, January 20, 2015

A Giant Goldfish Cracker

A friend posted this statement: "Do you think they made that thing that floats over Harford county the shape of a giant goldfish cracker on purpose?"

I had to laugh at that. But it was the statement that his friend added that really cracked me up. "Bet if they made it orange with a smiley face less people would be panicked over it."

When I first show the blimp, my curiosity took over and I tried to drive as close to it as I could to take a picture. But it was not until I got home and researched it that I found out what it was there for.

It is one of two that is over Maryland to test sensors that detect cruise missiles heading our way. the other one is going to help weapons lock onto the treats and shoot it down. At least that is the plan.

For the next three years we will be seeing the blimp. So I want to take a vote and say that we get the military to paint it orange with a smiley face. I would rather see a giant goldfish cracker flying over me than a missiles detector. Who is with me?


1 comment:

  1. Hi Dawn,
    I agree! What a great idea! Everyone needs a comical diversion from the seriousness and intensity of our world around us each day. This had me chuckling out loud. Really. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete