Saturday, February 28, 2015

Be Still

Yesterday as I sat in my car watching the squirrels and birds go after the peanuts and seeds, I enjoyed the peace and tranquility of the day. The tranquility would be interrupted and all the birds would fly away within an instant.

But not this squirrel. He would stay very still and wait. Not even his tail would twitch. You could tell though that he was very alert. Soon the birds would come back and he would go about his business eating the peanuts.

Do you know how hard it is to be still? I can learn from this little guy. There are times that I need to be very still and listen to the voice of God. But it is very hard. I am easily distracted by the activities all around me.

God is always there. So when I am still, I can hear Him clearly. I just need to do this more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment