Thursday, February 26, 2015

Genealogy

Off and on, throughout the years I have been working on my genealogy. In this picture on the left is my grandfather Walter Wood. Standing next to him is his grandfather Elias Gardner.

The Gardner's line has been easy to trace. There are many books about the Gardners in Pennsylvania. It is the Wood's line that I am having the most difficulty tracing.

The one thing I have learned about these two men is that they had a great sense of humor and knew how to enjoy life. Everyone took to them right away.

My love for nature comes from my grandfather. His grandfather loved living in the country. They appreciated God's earth.

When I spend time with my grandchildren, I want them to see in me what I see in them. I want them to see a person who has a great sense of humor and loves all the things that God has created. And I pray that they can pass this legacy down to their grandchildren.


No comments:

Post a Comment