Monday, February 16, 2015

Valentines Storm

When I went into work on Valentines Day, this is what I found in the break room. It was like walking back into my grade school days. I was afraid to look into my bag. I did not bring anything to put into the bags, so I went out onto the floor and bought a bag of candy and put them into the bags.

By the end of the day the weather had gotten bad. The snow was coming down hard and the wind was making it hard to see. I was afraid to go out in the storm. It was like a blizzard.

As I was driving home, there was an accident. I had to spend thirty plus minutes sitting waiting for it to be cleared up. The winds were pushing hard on my car and I was afraid again. I had thoughts of spending the night in the car.

As I looked around the car to take stock of what I would live off of, I notice my Valentines bag. It gave me comfort because there was candy, cards and a homemade brownie inside. I had my water, my food and a warm heart.

God was reminding me that He was in the mist of the storm. Soon the traffic was moving and I made it home safely through the Valentines storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment