Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Squirrel Approaching

Today after having a great breakfast with a friend at IHop, I set off to the Mariner. I thought I would have a quick walk about before my grandson got home early from school. But my legs were hurting too much and the sidewalks were still covered in snow. I did not want to risk a fall.

So I parked the car and put bird seeds and peanuts on the posts near the spot where I parked. I than got back into the car and waited for the birds to show. Boy was I not disappointed. They flocked in and I shot off many pictures.

One thing I did notice, the cardinals would chase each other and the other birds away. They can be mean birds. Yet there is one creature that they will not chase. You can see his nose just peeking behind this post. When the squirrels approach the cardinals will fly away.

The squirrel wanted his part of the feast. When he is on top of the post, the birds stay away. That is why I put plenty on the other posts as well as on the ground near the posts. They all can share in the bounty. Even the squirrel approaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment