Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Hawk Chase


Today, my husband and I was on a hawk chase. While we were out and about doing our errands, we decided, inspite of the rain, to go and check out what we could find at the Mariner. You know, my home a way from home.

First, we checked out the tree that has been the spot where the yellow-bellied sapsucker hangs out. Not there today. But the nuthatches, chickadees and titmouse made their presence know as I put out the bird seeds and peanuts.

Than we went to the pier where we had seen the bufflehead the day before. Nothing to be seen there. Just a bunch of gulls.

So, we made our why up the path. A young couple past by saying that just a few feet away where two hawks sitting on a tree. Cameras up. We made our way, only to have them fly away without getting off any good shots.

The chase was on. We followed them to the next sets of trees. They were too far inside, that it made it hard to focus on them. Off they went again, one following the other to another set of trees.

This time, as we finally found them, I made my way into the bowels of the trees and bushes to get a few pictures. My husband soon follow and as he went to get his shot, they flew off again.

Dang those birds. Don't they know we just want to take their pictures.

It was time to leave. As we made our way out of the path, there sitting posing, were the two harks. We got our shots after all. I guess they got the message and the hawk chase was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment