Thursday, January 12, 2017

Thirsty Fox


Today, I had an hour to walk around the Mariner before I had to go to work. On hour does not seem enough time to really explore the many locations I like to visit. Yet, I was blessed with many sightings of the inhabitants of the park.

The highlight of the walk was this thirsty fox. I would not have seen him if it was not for the  hooded mergansers that caught my eyes. As I tried to get a picture of the ducks, I notice something coming out of the woods. The fox made his way to the water and proceeded to drink. I was surprise to see how close the ducks came to him. I guess they were not afraid.

The walk started with a sighting of a red-breasted nuthatch, only to be followed by a red-shouldered hawk. Than, I got to watch a great blue heron catch his lunch and spotted a golden eagle resting in a tree not too far away.

Of course, there were squirrels everywhere. I had on my pouch with peanuts and bird seeds. I use this to entice the many other birds among the tree and bushes. For only being at the park for less then one hour, I got to see more than I had hope to see. The thirsty fox being the greatest find of the day.




No comments:

Post a Comment