Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Merganser"s Pond


There is a pond in the industrial park that I love to visit from time to time. It is during the migration period that I seek out what new fowl might be swimming about. I love watching the many diving ducks. One of my favorites is the hooded merganser.

Each winter, these mergansers seems to make the pond their home. I can count of seeing them each time I make my rounds to the many water ways. This day as I watched them, I did notice that one male would stay just a few feet away from all the others. I surmised that he must have been the look out while the other proceeded to disappear one by one under the water.


I watched for a while longer. Whenever someone would walk near  the pond, they would make their escape to the other side of the pond. Once there, it is too hard for my camera to reach them.

Until they decide to move on, I will enjoy the merganser's pond. 

No comments:

Post a Comment