Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Seeing Red


The flashes of red flew past me several times. From tree to tree, branch to branch, they chased each other searching for food. Every once in a while, I would see a different sort of red. So I put my hand in my pocket and pulled out bird seeds.

After pouring the seeds on the fence post, the cardinals jockey for position to snatch their share. Than, there he was, the other source of red making his showing. It was a finch.

The cardinals are plenty in the park. There are no shortness of these beauties. I just have to throw out some peanuts and before long the trees are decorated with the color of red. When I break up the shells, than many other birds make a showing as well.

When the chickadees, titmouse, and nuthatches soar in to claim their morsels, I get to see a different shade of red. The house finches pop in to try their luck.

 The finches are not as plentiful as the cardinals. So, when they do flew in, I get a kick out of them.

I don not have to be mad to see red. I just have to visit my favorite park, put out food and the color of red surround me in all their spenders. I love seeing red.

No comments:

Post a Comment