Thursday, December 7, 2017

Ruddy Luck


For three days in October, I watch over a unusual duck. I even took my husband with me hoping with both our cameras we could get a good enough picture to identify what kind of fowl he was. I search my many bird books to no avail.

Several days later, I ran into a good birder friend who was able to tell me that what we had gotten was a ruddy duck. What ruddy luck that was for me. It pays to go out every possible chance I have to seek a new bird in Harford County.

This year, I want to see how many species of birds I can identify. Like the movie "The Big Year," I plan on documenting all the birds I see through out the year as we go on vacation, trips and just walking around here. I will not reach the record number. But, I plan on giving my best try for a record for me.

Who know? Maybe the Ruddy's luck will be a sign that this will be a good year.

No comments:

Post a Comment