Saturday, December 16, 2017

Sparrow Town


The one sparrow you can count on is the white throated sparrow to make his showing at the park. He is the most common fellow to visit the fence posts that I put the seeds on each visit. I do notice that during the winter months, I see a lot more.

Out of all the sparrows that visit the park, this one seems to be more bold. He will fight with the cardinals and stand up against the red-winged black birds for his supper. Beside the chickadees, he will come close to me as I wait to take pictures.

There are two types of white throats, the tan striped and the white striped. Every once in a while I will see the tan striped ones mulling around the bushes. They are just as brave as the white striped ones.

I can honestly say that this park can be called Sparrow Town. There are enough of them here including the fox sparrows, song sparrows, and several other species. My kind of town.

No comments:

Post a Comment