Wednesday, February 20, 2019

A Few New Ducks In The Marsh


This American Wigeon was a nice surprise yesterday. I had a lot of running around to do getting ready for today's snow event. You know, getting milk and all the other essentials you need when you are expecting to be snowed in for the day.

I past by the marsh several times and pulled over each time hoping to see anything new. Over the past ten years of documenting the many birds that visit this place, I have never seen a wigeon. This was a first for me.


As I was watching and taking pictures, I also notice another fowl that was new to me. It was a canvasback. I am sorry that the picture is not great. I just could not get the camera to focus.


There was a third duck that I think was a Northern pintail. It sure was an active happening place for the ducks. I hope they stick around so I can try and get better pictures. It made my day to see a few new ducks hanging out at the marsh.

No comments:

Post a Comment