Saturday, February 9, 2019

Winter Freeze


Looking through some of the old winter pictures from two years ago, I came across the winter freeze ones. It was one of the worst ice storm that I had seen. It was also one of the prettiest.

I do not like to travel doing these storms, because the road can be dangerous. So, I wanted until the trucks treated the roads before I ventured out. One of the first place I had to go was the Mariner. I had to check on my feather friends.

I never leave home with out my bird seeds and peanuts. I know that squirrels and birds will seek me out to get their treats. The titmouse loves it when I break the peanuts out of their shell. They will go after the pieces and carry it to a frozen limbs and peck at it.

The chickadees, nuthatches and other small birds will do the same thing. They break the peanuts into bit size pieces by holding the nut with there feet and peaking at it. So, I make sure that I have plenty for them.

I hope that we do have another freeze this year. Yes, I know that this is crazy. But, they do make for great pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment