Sunday, May 6, 2012

Mother Killdeer

 If you get to close to a killdeer nest she goes into protect mode by acting as if she is injure to lead you away. When she feels that you are far enough away she flies off. It is if she is saying "I dare you to kill me." Maybe that is where she gets the name killdeer.
A mother killdeer willing risk her life for her off-springs. I got to see this in action last spring hence these pictures.
How often have I been willing to risk my life for my children. I am happy to say that I have had to do this just once. I stood between my children and someone that would do them harm. God came to my rescue and protected  my family. That was a day that I will never forget. I was willing to draw harms way toward me.
It is good to know that Jesus willingly took harms way for me. It is like He told Satan "I dare you to kill me." Satan tried. Jesus did die. But thank God Jesus is alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment