Wednesday, June 10, 2015

God's Wink

Today I went to the burial of a dear young man. He passed away unexpectedly.

I have known this special talented man since he was twelve years old. We were going to Bel Air Bible Chapel at that time. My children and the Swiston's children played together throughout the years.

We left the church and four years later we join Mountain. So when I joined the writer's group at Mountain he soon became a member as well. Now he was all grown up.

Throughout the next fifteen plus years he would pop in and out of the group. I was always in awe of the new adventure he would be pursuing. I always felt God was going to do something great with him.

So, with a heavy heart, I stood there at the burial site asking God why. I notice this brown butterfly moving in and out of each of the attendances. He landed on me. It was than I understood.

His aunt came over to tell me that it was God giving me a wink. Glenn is transformed from his earthly form into a Godly form. God is using his talents now in heaven.

I will always hold a place in my heart for Glenn. I am thankful for the times spent with him. Whenever I see a brown butterfly, I know that it will be a God's wink to remind me of His love for Glenn and for us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment