Friday, June 12, 2015

Robin Myth

I was always told never to touch a birds nest, because the mother birds would abandon the babies. This is a myth.

The storm we had a few days ago caused the robin's nest to fall from the tree at the Mariner. A certain lady walking by notice the nest on the ground and proceeded to put it back into the tree. She than picked up each chick and placed them in the nest.

Two days later I stopped by the Mariner office and was told about the robins. So I went over to see if the robins were still alive. I was sure that they would not be because of the myth.

To my surprise, the mother was still taking care of them, The chicks look healthy and hungry. The mother robin did not abandon them.

Many people have the same myth about God. We think that if we fall out of His grace that He will abandon us. But that is a myth. God will never abandon us. Like the mother robin, He still cares for us and helps us to get healthy and strong.

1 comment: