Monday, August 19, 2019

Curious Woodpecker


The woodpeckers were curious about the hole in the tree. First the red-bellied woodpecker checks out the hole. Within a few minutes several others joins the first female. So, I decided to stick around to see why they were so interested in this one tree.


Soon the downy woodpeckers also join in the quest. One by one they took their turn checking out the hole. I wanted to climb the tree. I was just as curious as these birds

I notice some movement coming from inside the hole. Soon, I would finally get to see what all the excitement was about. Camera in hand, the mystery was about to be solve. Out of the hole popped a titmouse.


This was not what I expected. Once he left the tree, the other birds seemed to go their own ways as well. I never did figure out what was in the hole. Whatever it was, like the woodpecker it has my curiosity going full blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment