Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Skink's Log


One thing I can count on as I walk around Mariner Point Park, on one of the decaying logs, I will find a family of skinks. This has been going on for many years.


This five-lined skink is a juvenile. I read once that the female lays her eggs inside the log. One day I will find the spot around this log. Through out the park, I can find these gems sunning themselves on a hot sunny day.

The little guys are hard to see, unless you know where to look. It has taken me years to learn where several of their hiding spots are located.

This kinds of makes me think about learning where some of the gems of the Bible are located. It has taken me more years than I can count just to take in the beauty of the verses that gets me through the day.

I never know what I will find as I turn the pages. Just like walking around the park, I never know when I will find another skink on a log, Each day I can not wait to find the next gems.

No comments:

Post a Comment