Thursday, August 22, 2019

First Fox Sighting


It has been years since I have seen a fox around Mariner Point Park. When their dens were destroyed from the dreading that goes on about every three years, I knew it would be awhile before I would see one again.

I miss the foxes when they are not around. The first time that I saw a litter, I thought they were rats. They were so small and so dark. As they grew, the true nature of their color would come out.


I love watching the mother teaching them to hunt. They are so eager to learn. The kits love to play and explore. They sure are curious about things. This kit had to figure out who I was many years ago.


Many time in life, there are friends I do not get to see for years. Today an old fiend came into my work. It was good to see her and catch up.

Like the first fox sighting this year, seeing my friend brings many good memories. I do miss seeing the foxes at the mariner. I miss many of my friends. The good things is that I know that I will run into them again. This makes me smile and look forward to tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment