Friday, August 16, 2019

Fawn Scare


Walking down a path by the stream, I was startled by a movement in the bushes. Out popped a fawn that I had accidentally scared. Of course, the fawn scared the wits out of me as well. The grassy area was so high that it was too hard to see the fawn. But she kept an eye on me all the while, until I took another step and off she went leaving me to see her tail bobbing along.

This is not the first time that I was startled by a fawn. Last year as I walked the same path, I came across another one drinking from the water. For a good five minutes we both just stared at each other. I was afraid to move for fear that I would scare him. He was afraid to move, properly thinking that I was going to attack.


I wish there was a way that I can let these babies know that I am not out to hurt them. One thing is for sure. They sure know how to put a fawn scare in me. I need to be more quiet as I go down the path by the stream.

No comments:

Post a Comment