Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Wren Feast


For the past several weeks, I have spent my Sundays walking around Harford Glen. This house wren caught my ears first. I knew she was on the hunt. Sure enough, she flew on the sign with a juicy spider. The problem was, I had no idea where she was heading with this meal.


At the top of the pole, to my surprise, was a hole that i have never noticed. The wren slipped in with the morsel only to return free of the catch. This went on trading off with the other parent. I only wished that the baby would peek out and let me see the new resident of the park.


Finally, he decided to grant my wish and proceeded to show me his newest lunch. with each feed, he popped out and let me see his treat.


I could have stayed all day. But, I had other things to do and I said my goodbyes. At least until next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment