Monday, February 17, 2020

Little Birds


Today, Shawn message me that he would be walking around Mariner Point Park. Shawn is a young man who I gave a camera to several years ago. He has taken that camera and shot off some of the best pictures of small birds. I can say that I kind of envy what he has been able to do with that camera.


Here he is all decked out ready to get some great shots. My grandson was glad to see him. The last time we have been together was in the beginning of summer.


It was a good day to get several small birds at the park. This song sparrow was glad to show off his spot. The first picture was of one of my favorite bird, the black-capped chickadee.



The Carolina wren was ready and willing to make a showing to get one of the peanuts I put out. There were white-throated sparrows, dark-eyed juncos, red-winged black birds, and a downy woodpecker.


The park was full of birds of all kinds. One of the surprise of the day was an egret. Not a small bird by any means, but still a bird. I could not get a good picture to post. It was still cool to see one this time of the year.

I am glad Shawn contacted me. It was a good day for birding, seeing an old friend and getting out with my grandson.

No comments:

Post a Comment